Saturday 19 March 2016

Fake relationships - Hazards of living life as a curvy woman Part 2

Oh Ijay.... I haven't written anything in 3 days!!! I have had very busy evenings **wink**
So... I just thought I must write this.  I just have to.  As a beautiful (yes I am) single woman, I get attention from men every now and then... sometimes I get a lot of attention from all sorts of men in fact, single, married, rich, not so rich, handsome, not so handsome. I do get some attention.
But... as the years have gone by, I have realized that not all the attention is genuine. Apart from my ex-boyfriend, you know that one guy you dated through out your university days, youth service days and a year or 2 after you start work? Well, I think that was the only real, genuine relationship I ever had. Everyone knew we were an item you know, it didn't end the way I wanted but I can say it was real, our relationship was really good until it went south.

Afterwards, I  noticed that most guys just wanted me around for a particular reason. I once dated a guy who just wanted to show me off to his friends. That's all, he just wanted to show me off...every weekend, we would go out for drinks, and hang out with our friends; and I noticed he would always send me a text and say I should make sure whatever I would wear highlights my curves...smh... We never got intimate oh... He just loved the good life, hanging out every weekend. I eventually learnt that was just his thing...he just loves hanging out with curvy women (he still does, I still dey hear im gist).

I have also dated a guy just because he likes having sex with curvy women (hmmm...well, I found out eventually). By the way, I never said I was a virgin so...close your mouth and stop judging..., I have since started living a Christian, celibate life...so...(I am not a saint, I am a work in progress...biko don't judge!!!). So... this guy just wanted a curvy woman and when I started putting pressure on him to contextualize "our" relationship, he didn't have anything to say so I had to end it. You know, the relationship was going great and all, but I noticed we didn't go to very public places, we didn't go to church together (he was an ardent church goer by the way) we only went to quiet, coded hang out places, and he never took me out in broad daylight (covers my face). Our relationship was very secret, he hid me from his neighbors, family, close friends...smh... Anyway...he eventually got married to a younger, slim, woman. (Mr???? Have you read about the law of cama and retributive justice? Well, that's all I am asking oh...)

I have decided therefore, (albeit too late?) to give every guy that comes my way the proverbial long rope...oh... you have to earn my attention and my presence going forward.
It is another beautiful Saturday evening, I had an interesting day and would certainly have a relaxing evening. If anyone is reading this, I hope you have a great weekend.

#keepnmyheadup #RCCGworker #rebrandninprogress

No comments:

Post a Comment