Monday 14 March 2016

Monday Blues...

Hello Ijay!!!... Well, I did mention I started this blog so I can have an outlet to express myself and just write about anything, if someday anyone comes across it and reads it, great, otherwise, I am realizing everyday that this is quite therapeutic...
So I had a good weekend; very restful weekend in fact. One of them dudes came visiting, guess what? I didn't let him into the house (yes oh, no time wasters pls); that is part of my new resolve. I used to let him in, cook for him, hand him my dstv remote and make him feel really comfortable, sometimes he even dozes off... until I realized he wasn't reciprocating. He  never invited me to his house and he has never invited me out. Come on guys, if you want to woo a woman, make great efforts for God's sake! coming to relax in her house isn't "dating" ah ah!!! Last year I hinted that before he enters my apartment again, he would have to define our relationship and failure to do that would result in us talking outside. He must have thought; this desperate, single, aging woman must be joking...So, on Saturday, he waltzed into my estate and called to say he was in front of my gate. I came out, under the scorching sun (it was hot that day sha); he was about to get into the compound and I said no, we will just sit outside, and he said let's get into his car instead because the weather was very hot that day (there was fuel scarcity that period 13/3/2016, so I thought, this guy won't spend more than 10 minutes here). Anyway, I kept silent most of the time, he had absolutely nothing to say or offer, he literally came to waste time with me as usual, he was just blabbering on and on about nothing while I just listened. I was looking at the digital clock on his dashboard, and just as I predicted immediately he had spent 11 - 15 minutes, he remembered he had to go and pick up something...(I just gave him spiritual side eyes). He eventually left and something tells me he wouldn't be coming back.

Wait oh, shouldn't I be talking about Monday? ***covers face***
Well, Monday went well. it was a slow day though. I currently don't have any billable hours but I was able to touch up on a report I had been working on for weeks and then I couriered the hard copies to the client; they were very happy. I also joined my manager for the partner review for another engagement I was part of (now this was an annoying experience because the review created more work for us...I came out of that meeting room with a very straight face... when and if I eventually get to that level, I would ensure I am part of the engagement so I can make corrections timely {I guess this is easier said than done} well, let me wait and see). I work in a professional services firm and when you are not charging or billing hours or time to any engagement, your percentage utilization starts nose diving in an alacritous manner. Unfortunately, I might be unassigned for another week or 2 because some of the clients are stalling on signing the SOWs... oh well, I will just wait and see what happens.

What did I eat today.... hmmmm I decided to go on a fast today (unspiritual); well I heard every now and then we should let the digestive system get some rest). I got home pretty early and broke my fast with moin moin and chilled zobo.  I also feel like taking a walk so once I post this, I would down 2 streets and back.... just to clear my thoughts... I wish there was somewhere I could go and scream!!!! and scream and scream!!! I have a lot bottled up...sigh... anyways...let me get my playlist sorted and off to my walk...


No comments:

Post a Comment