Saturday 12 March 2016

How Long Have you struggled with your weight?

Well, I have struggled with my weight for a long time... did I say a LONG time? I think it got out of control after my secondary school days. I attended a boarding school and if you understand, that means having limited access to food; I was literally starving all the time, our portions were really pint sized. I love food, I am not going to even pretend or lie about that. I do love eating!!! Naija food taste good! So I learnt how to indulge really fast.

As I was saying, it did get out of control after I left my boarding school and had access to the kitchen, I love my parents, but there was free access to the fridge and freezer... so you can sneak in and get your slice of cake, a few scoops of ice-cream, there was pocket money here and there so I could stroll down to the aboki down the street or the neighborhood supermarket to get chocolate, biscuits, chewing gum, sweets... in fact... just name it and I had access to it (I would check that when and if I eventually make babies with the man of my dreams).
My dad (I love him to death by the way) comes home at least once a week with a bucket of ice cream and my mummy dearest always encouraged us to learn our way around the kitchen so she would let us bake or cook now and again (I have three beautiful sisters but I turned out to be the orobo of them all (sigh) even my only brother is fit!)
Anyway, after I got into university, my situation progressively got worse. I remember I was just not conscious about my body. I just didn't care, I ate any and everything as long as it tastes good, if I want it, I get it. I also had friends that just loved me and didn't care how I looked (my love to Diane Oriaku (now Mrs Ademola), Peace Mbagwu (now Mrs Umechuruba), Chioma Ibeawuchi (now Mrs Ikedum), Helen Abigo, and mua (yeah...I guess we are still waiting for that special one) . I also had a handsome boyfriend that loved me (he eventually dumped me and married another lady...story for another day), he was very cute, you know, the textbook definition of every woman's knight in shinning amour; tall, black and handsome... plus he was smart and very ambitious. I am naturally very confident, so all of these even added to my confidence and so I really stood out. I hardly go unnoticed.

Fast forward to present day 12/march/2016, my weight issues only went one way; I have only grown bigger. I visited my doctor today (a dark, well spoken, single, dashing young man) and I weighed in at 136kg. No, that is not a typo, you read correctly, 136kg, that is 229.2 pounds... Did that bother me, YES! (especially when this doctor moved his lips and said "madam you have to lose weight"...smh... I almost said to him, "dr, you have to grow taller"***covers face***). Do I plan to add any more weight, NO!.  I have decided. To take control and take account of my life.

I am beautiful, intelligent and single, it is time to take control over my life. I am not sure how I am going to do it, but I will.
And I have decided I will document my thoughts here everyday till I tell you I have lost half my body weight....lol.... that will be the day right? It is very doable oh, I will do it. 

I am not sure who my audience is for this blog, I am probably going to be my only audience, I don't even care. But I need to express myself somehow and this is a great medium for that. #firstblogpost #inspired #LifestyleChange. 
I CAN DO THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment