Tuesday 5 July 2016

I just want to VENT!!!

Do you ever feel defeated? well, I have been feeling like that since my last post and all day today. It was so bad and my heart weighed so heavy that I didn't attend church last Sunday.  It is very tough right now in Lagos, in Nigeria in fact. There is no fuel (gas), no power, the weather is desperately HOT, cost of goods and commodities have more than doubled in price... everything is expensive and the salary is still the same.  It is very frustrating you know, especially having to deal with all of this as a single woman.... You know what, the frustration is getting to everyone. A married colleague recently told me I don't have anything to live for. Can you imagine hearing that and listening to someone say that to you with such venom? I love living in Lagos, most of my friends are here, but, if I get a good job in Port Harcourt, I would move in a heart beat; my parents and siblings are all there, and I won't have to miss out on all the family events. it would also be a lot easier to deal with all this hullabaloo when you have loved ones around... sigh... today doesn't feel right at all.

Anyway... I am certainly not doing well as far as my dieting (not quite sure to call it a diet though)....I renewed my love for cake! it is so comforting just to eat a piece and another...sigh...I have to work on getting my mojo back....

No comments:

Post a Comment